1. Every adult applicant 18 years of age and older must complete, date and sign a rental application for consideration and occupancy. Each applicant(s) must provide proof of identity (i.e. driver’s license, etc.). A non-refundable application fee of $50* will be required for each adult applicant(s). There are no fees to view any property. The fee will be required to proceed with the process only after a property has been selected. *(Some Condo /HO Associations may require an additional fee for processing). You will be notified if the property selected belongs to an Association.
2. Financial Considerations – A minimum combined gross monthly income of 2.5 times the rent is required of the applicant(s).
3. Applicant(s) that cannot produce monthly earnings statements or are self-employed will be given the opportunity to show the previous 2 years of tax returns or 1099's. Verifiable income is required of all applicant(s) that are not actively employed. All “other income” sources must be verifiable if needed for rental consideration.
4. Credit history and/or civil court records must not contain utility collections or eviction filings for the past 5 year period.
5. Applicant(s) must not have a criminal record of convictions for felonies within the past 5 year period and no sexual offenses ever. An application may or may not be considered for an adjudication withheld.
6. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect the following: timely payments, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding “quiet enjoyment” or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and/or failure to leave the property properly cleaned and without damage at time of tenant move-out.
7. Pets are acceptable in many rental properties. A non-refundable pet fee will be required. Please verify in advance if the property that you desire does permit pets. Pets will be subject to size, weight and breed qualifiers.
8. At the time of lease execution and prior to move-in, applicant(s) will be required to pay the first month’s rent plus a security deposit. Cook and Company Realty, Inc. reserves the right to request a higher security deposit.
9. No property will be “held” unless a deposit is received. If the application process renders the applicant(s) eligible for occupancy and a lease is not executed, the deposit will be forfeited for holding the property “off the market”. If the lease is executed the deposit will be applied to the security deposit listed for that property. If the applicant(s) is/are not eligible for occupancy, only the deposit will be returned.
10. Any alterations to the procedures listed, will need to be submitted in written format and discussed / considered by the property owner. Such alterations may result in the collection of additional monies in the form of security deposit, prepaid rent, etc.
11. Cook & Company Realty, Inc., will report to the credit bureau any non-compliance that occurs as result of your rental agreement not being fulfilled, including failure to pay rent or any amounts owed.
12. Rental properties listed with Cook & Company Realty, Inc. are all Smoke-Free Residences; Smoking in the home is not permitted!
Find your dream home today with our real estate search tool. Includes all types of homes for sale including all IDX listings.